East Suffolk Greens change leader
- Credit: GLI Group
The Green, Liberal Democrat and Independent group at East Suffolk Council has changed leader for the year ahead.
Beccles and Worlingham councillor Caroline Topping (Green) took over from Graham Elliott (also Green) at the council’s annual meeting on Wednesday.
It follows a similar pattern adopted by the equivalent group at Suffolk County Council, which changes leader each year.
Ms Topping, who has previously been a town councillor for Beccles, said: “Councillor Elliott has done a fantastic job of leading the group since East Suffolk Council was formed, and I feel honoured to follow his tenure.
“As a group we will continue to press for a robust rebuttal of Sizewell C, given the vast impact the project will have.
“We will also work with partners to press for improvements in rural public transport as well as ensuring high quality social housing.”
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 9 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 10 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town