East Suffolk Greens change leader
- Credit: GLI Group
The Green, Liberal Democrat and Independent group at East Suffolk Council has changed leader for the year ahead.
Beccles and Worlingham councillor Caroline Topping (Green) took over from Graham Elliott (also Green) at the council’s annual meeting on Wednesday.
It follows a similar pattern adopted by the equivalent group at Suffolk County Council, which changes leader each year.
Ms Topping, who has previously been a town councillor for Beccles, said: “Councillor Elliott has done a fantastic job of leading the group since East Suffolk Council was formed, and I feel honoured to follow his tenure.
“As a group we will continue to press for a robust rebuttal of Sizewell C, given the vast impact the project will have.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also work with partners to press for improvements in rural public transport as well as ensuring high quality social housing.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk