Important Easter arrivals at Colchester Zoo
- Credit: COLCHESTER ZOO
A zoo in Essex is celebrating the birth of two adorable red river hog piglets.
You might expect to be seeing pictures of newborn lambs and fluffy chicks this Easter but thanks to Colchester Zoo we have something a bit different for you.
Take at look at these pictures of the newborn red river hogs enjoying the sunshine.
Born on April 7 to first-time parents, Charlie and Piggles Junior, the cute piglets are as yet unnamed.
Staff at the zoo say: “The duo have been doing extremely well with both parents being very attentive.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad to the piglets, Piggles Jr, arrived at the zoo from Oklahoma in 2017. The zoo say: “This makes these newborns particularly important as the birth has introduced a completely new blood line to the breeding programme.”
If you are visiting Colchester Zoo over the Easter break you will find the new red river hog piglets in their enclosure in the Edge of Africa area.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future