Firefighters called to barn blaze which was ‘100% alight’
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Villagers were asked to close all windows and doors last night as firefighters battled a large barn fire near Sudbury.
Firefighters were called to the barn fire in Gestingthorpe – a village between Sudbury and Halstead – at around 4.30pm yesterday evening.
On arrival at the property in Moat Street, crews confirmed that a barn, measuring 20 metres by 10 metres, was 100% alight.
Firefighters from Sible Hedingham, Halstead and Braintree worked to extinguish the fire for around three hours before leaving the site.
Residents who lived nearby were instructed to close all windows and doors while firefighters extinguished the fire and dampened down any hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
Crews extinguished the fire by 7.41pm and revisited the area at 10pm.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found