Easton and Otley College prepares for its Big Day Out
- Credit: Archant
A livestock show, dressage display and the chance to drive a tractor are among the host of activities at Easton and Otley College’s Big Day Out event this month.
The doors of the Otley College campus will open to the public between 10am and 40pm on Sunday, May 20.
This year’s event will focus on hands-on experiences relating to the courses the college teaches - including the chance for visitors to ride a horse simulator, handle animals, try their hand at bricklaying or meet the horses in the equine yard.
Sara Rushworth, head of marketing, said visitors would be able to look around the campus and chat to tutors and staff from each teaching area.
She said: “We are primarily known as a further education college but we offer courses from level one to degrees plus a variety of short courses.
You may also want to watch:
“So if you’re in education, looking for a career change or just want to expand your knowledge, Easton and Otley has a course for you.”
Entry to Sunday’s event is £5 per car.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey