Suffolk Show: ‘Our students were outstanding’ - Praise for horticultural students who took gold for environmental garden
- Credit: John Nice
Horticulture students have been praised for “outstanding” work after taking gold for an environmental garden at the Suffolk Show.
Staff and students from Easton and Otley College took around a week to build the winning entry outside the flower tent.
The college also took a silver gilt medal in the flower tent for a display incorporating a car and large metal butterfly.
Farming students also picked up rosettes, including a reserve special and first place for showing red poll cattle.
On the main marquee, the college hosted a brunch to launch a new event management course where they thanked industry leaders for their support.
You may also want to watch:
The college played further roles at this year’s Suffolk Show, with equine students helping build the show jumping courses and construction learners competing skills challenges, the results of which will be announced tomorrow.
Horticultural lecturer, Andy Snelling said he was “delighted” with the award.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
“Our students were outstanding,” he added.