Global superstar Ed Sheeran plays live version of Afterglow
- Credit: Archant
Ed Sheeran has treated fans to a live version of his new song Afterglow.
The superstar from Suffolk teased followers on Facebook by telling them to "keep an eye" on his Facebook page at 6pm today, Boxing Day.
In the video on Facebook this evening he said: "I shot this in my studio in Suffolk just before Christmas.
"I wanted to give you all a live version of the song. Hope you like it!"
Ed premiered his new single on BBC Radio 1 on Monday morning.
He said on Instagram: "Hey guys. Afterglow is a song I wrote last year that I wanted to release for you.
"It's not the first single from the next album, it's just a song I love, and hope you love too.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
"Enjoy! Have a safe and happy festive break and New Year's. Back to dad land for me now, ciao."
The star announced last December that he was going on a break after the end of his Divide tour to "take a breather, write and read".
He pledged to return with more music - but only "when the time is right and I've lived a little more to actually have something to write about".