Ed Sheeran launches business with Snow Patrol guitarist Johnny McDaid
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Megastar Ed Sheeran has launched an artistic business venture with music industry pal Johnny McDaid from Snow Patrol.
Suffolk singer/songwriter Ed has been working on new music during the coronavirus pandemic, releasing his single Afterglow just before Christmas.
It turns out Ed, who grew up in Framlingham and lives near the town, was also busy in the run-up to Christmas preparing for the launch of his new business, McShaid Limited.
Described on Companies House as an 'artistic creation', the firm has two directors, Ed and John McDaid.
John, or Johnny, is the guitarist in the Scottish-Northern Irish rock band Snow Patrol and boyfriend of actress Courtney Cox.
We are yet to find out more about this business collaboration, but when Ed and Johnny have partnered up musically they have seen huge success.
You may also want to watch:
Johnny co-wrote several of the songs on Ed's X album - which won the Brit Award for British Album of the Year in 2015 - including hits Photograph and Bloodstream.
In December, Ed also said he is working on a new album after taking a break from his career over the course of 2020.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
The musician and his wife Cherry Seaborn celebrated the birth of their baby Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran in August, 2020.