WATCH: Ed Sheeran reveals date of when he secretly married Cherry Seaborn
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk popstar Ed Sheeran has appeared to confirm the date of his wedding to childhood sweetheart Cherry Seaborn in a newly-released music video.
The Shape of You singer, who grew up in Framlingham, posted his video for Put It All On Me, featuring Ella Mai, on Instagram at the weekend.
The video, part of his No.6 Collaborations Project, shows a series of couples from around the world - each with their own story about their relationship.
Towards the end of the video, the footage cuts to Sheeran and wife Cherry Seaborn dancing, laughing and sharing a kiss whilst in the kitchen.
Words describing their love story are shown as they play around.
"Back in high school, Ed and Cherry were crushing hard," the message says.
"They made out at the castle on the hill.
- 1 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 3 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 4 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 9 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
"A few years ago they reconnected, there were fireworks.
"They married in January 2019."
The Castle on the Hill singer, who delighted Suffolk fans this year with four sell-out gigs at Ipswich's Chantry Park, has remained private about his relationship with Seaborn, a childhood friend who he attended school with.
In 2018, he announced that the pair were engaged.
It was believed the pair had married in 2019 but they did not share further details, although Sheeran referred to his "wife" in a YouTube video about No.6 Collaborations Project.