Framlingham singer songwriter Ed Sheeran confirms engagement to Cherry Seaborn in Instagram post
- Credit: Greg Williams
Ed Sheeran has got engaged to his partner Cherry Seaborn, the Framlingham singer has confirmed on Instagram.
The 26-year-old superstar posted a picture of the couple on his Instagram page this afternoon, with the caption: “Got myself a fiance just before new year.
“We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well xx”
The pair attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, and have been dating for around two-and-a-half-years.
The Gladiator star said Ed had spent some downtime at his farm in New South Wales while he was on tour.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on air, he said: “We became friends through people we know and he was on tour and came to stay.
“We just became friendly and he has since come back with his fiancée for more time and stuff.”
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Since posting the news, well-wishers and fans have flooded social media with their messages of congratulations.
The announcement has also raised question marks over whether the couple will get married in Suffolk, with St Michael’s Church, Bruisyard Hall, Easton Grange and Crows Hall all being mooted as potential venues.
But those hoping Ed will wed at his beloved Framlingham Castle, the historic landmark referenced on his hit song Castle on the Hill, will be left disappointed – the venue doesn’t have a wedding licence.