Ed Sheeran delights Ipswich Town fans by wearing club colours in Australia
- Credit: Kevin Winter
Ed Sheeran has delighted Ipswich Town fans by wearing the club’s shirt in Australia where he is currently on tour.
The Framlingham singer posted a picture of himself on Instagram wearing the blue home shirt while sitting on a quad bike, with the comment “Outback”.
The club also tweeted its approval of the picture, commenting: “Blue is definitely your colour @edsheeran.”
The Suffolk pop sensation, who won the Global Success prize at last month’s Brits Awards, will perform a sold-out show the Adelaide Oval tomorrow before heading to Melbourne on March 9.
His world tour continues with further dates in Australia before heading to New Zealand, the Philippines, and Japan.
You may also want to watch:
He returns to home shores in May with performances in Ireland, Northern Ireland and four nights at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
Last week the singer denied rumours he’d secretly wed his fiancée Cherry Seaborn after he was spotted wearing a silver ring on his left finger.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Speaking on Australian radio today, Ed, 27, explained his fiancée had made him the ring out of silver clay so that was the reason he was wearing it.