WATCH: Ed Sheeran reveals Danny Boyle movie details ... and his big screen musical ambitions
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has revealed he wants to make a big screen musical.
The 27-year-old superstar, who grew up in Framlingham, said: “I wand to make one move, like one movie musical.
“Something like that where songs dictate the film.
“I can’t see myself playing an Avenger, you know? I don’t really want to be an actor.”
Ed, who attended Thomas Mills High School, has appeared in several television roles including a controversial role in Game of Thrones and as an animated character in The Simpsons.
You may also want to watch:
He is also playing himself in a film by Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis, which has seen filming take place in Suffolk and Norfolk over the summer.
The film, which is yet to be given a name, features former EastEnders star Hamis Patel play a singer-songwriter who wakes up one day as the only person in the world who remembers The Beatles.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
“Then I discover him and take him on tour,” Ed explained.
“Then he gets much, much bigger than me through doing stuff.”
He said of his previous roles: “With the Game Of Thrones thing, that was literally me popping in for a day and making a cameo... But this was like full days on set, like full 12-hour days.”
Ed, who has written songs for Justin Bieber and Jessie Ware as well as his own hits, is the subject of a new film, for Apple Music, about his songwriting process.
“I’ve worked with lots of songwriters that have different processes. But for me it’s just verbal diarrhoea,” he said.
“You just get it out and then move on to the next one. Whereas other songwriters that I write with will take a long time over one line and, ‘Is this the right thing to say, is this the right melody to say?’
“Whereas I’ve never really worried about that. I think you just get it out and move on to the next one. And one of them might be good.”
The Apple Music movie, directed by Ed’s cousin Murray Cummings, shows the singer working with a team to piece together the sounds, lyric ideas and melodies that would eventually become songs on his 2017 album Divide.