Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran crowned most listened to artist
- Credit: PA
Castle on the Hill Singer Ed Sheeran was the most played artist of 2019, according to new statistics.
A top ten list of the most played artists of last year has been revealed by music licensing company PPL.
The Framlingham superstar finished top of the rankings beating out competition from Scottish DJ and record producer Calvin Harris and singer Sam Smith who came second and third.
PPL also revealed a ranking of the top ten most played songs in 2019 as well.
Sheeran also featured in this list as well; coming fourth thanks to his collaboration with Canadian singer Justin Bieber for the track “I Don’t Care”.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were beaten to the top spots by Sam Smith and Normani’s track “Dancing with a Stranger” which came third and “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart” by Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus which came second.
Calvin Harris topped the list for his song with Rag ‘N’ Bone Man, “Giant”.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years