Ed Sheeran reveals all about his cameo appearance on Channel 5’s Home and Away
- Credit: PA
Suffolk’s singing sensation Ed Sheeran will be gracing TV screens this winter when he takes to the shores of Home and Away’s Summer Bay.
Ed, who grew up in Framlingham, will play a cameo role in the Australian soap as Teddy, one of the children long-standing cast member Marilyn Chambers was nanny to when she lived in the UK.
In the episode, he surprises everyone when he turns out to be chart-topping singer Ed and treats them to a special performance in The Diner.
The singer filmed the scenes for the show while on tour in Australia earlier this year.
He has previously said of his cameo: “It’s an Australian institution. It’s always on in my local chip shop.
You may also want to watch:
“I got asked to do it and it sounded like it could be fun. I did Shortland Street in New Zealand as well and I’m sure if Emmerdale or EastEnders ever ask me I would do that.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue