Ed Sheeran’s Spotify earnings revealed in study
- Credit: Archant
Ed Sheeran’s hit song Shape of You has been listened to billions of times throughout the world - and earned the Suffolk singer nearly £8million in royalties on Spotify alone.
The track, from the Suffolk singer's 2017 album Divide, has been revealed as the most streamed song on the platform with 2,307,000,000 plays.
The Pay Per Play study from Broadband Deals has found the song is the most profitable in Spotify history, netting an estimated £7,874,729.95.
Ed's feat is made all the more impressive by the fact that a single play earns just £0.0034, according to Digital Music News.
The Framlingham singer's song 'Thinking Out Loud' also features in the top ten in fifth, raking in £4,819,730.68 from 1,412,000,000 plays.
You may also want to watch:
The Sunday Times Rich List found that Ed is the 17th highest earning British musician, claiming a net worth of £160million.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles