Ed Sheeran says birth of his daughter motivated him to lose five stone
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has spoken out about how the birth of his daughter has helped motivate him to lose five stone and drink less alcohol.
The Framlingham born singer, who tested positive for Covid last week said he used to drink "every single day" when he was not on tour, according to The Sun newspaper.
The Shape of You singer whose new album = is released tomorrow said he has "become quite clean-living" in an interview with the newspaper.
He added: "But I think actually taking time off and not being on tour was the worst thing for my health because I would drink every single day.
“I stopped three months before Lyra was born because I was determined I was going to be the person to drive my wife to the hospital.
“I was 15-and-a-half stone at my peak and I think I’m 10-and-a-half now – I was big, it really showed.
“I had a 36 waist – now I’m down to 28.
“I always knew I was big, but I knew why I was big, too: I loved chicken wings, wine, beer, and I never exercised.”
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow