Ed Sheeran named Britain’s richest young star as wealth nearly doubles in year
- Credit: Archant
Ed Sheeran has topped another chart as he was named Britain’s wealthiest star aged 30 and under in Heat Magazine’s UK wealthiest stars.
Ed was second under singer Adele last year but took her place for the 2019 chart when she turned 31, leaving the coast clear for the Framlingham singer to take the lead.
The biggest increase in Ed's wealth has come from his world record breaking tour for his album Divide - which included this summer's series of homecoming concerts at Ipswich's Chantry Park.
The world tour ran for two years and hosted 250 shows played to more than seven million fans.
Ed managed to beat his peers' wealth by £80m - with his own fortune estimated at a staggering £170m.
You may also want to watch:
He has sold 150 million records worldwide for himself and the artists he collaborated with, such as Justin Bieber, Rita Ora and Anne-Marie, which also landed enormous royalties.
The Heat Magazine annual guide listed big names such as all of the One Direction band members, Harry Potter stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, as well as super model turned actress Cara Delevingne.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Daniel Radcliffe placed second under Ed with an estimated wealth of £90m, the bulk of which comes from his decade of portraying the boy wizard in the world famous franchise.
Third went to one of the four One Direction members: Harry Styles. His wealth is an estimated of £64m, which surprisingly has not all come from the success of the teen crush group.
Styles launched his solo career at the same time as his boy band co-stars but earnt himself an estimated £12m just from his world tour in 2017 and 2018.
Ed's close friend and recent collaborator Stormzy was the highest new entry on this year's list with an estimated £12m at number 14.
The king of grime headlined Glastonbury in the summer and his recent track with Ed Take me back to London hit number one in the UK charts for a total of five weeks.
Meanwhile the world's wealthiest star is American media personality, model, businesswoman, and socialite Kylie Jenner, who at age 22 has an estimated £736m to her name.
New entries to the list this year include Dua Lipa, Maisie Williams and Jess Glynne.