‘What a year it’s been’ - Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran reflects on US success with Beyoncé collaboration
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran is storming the charts on both sides of the Atlantic – thanks to his collaboration with US star Beyoncé.
Ed took to Instagram on Monday night to reflect on his Stateside success after his version of the ballad Perfect with the Crazy in Love singer took the number one sport in the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
He told his fans: “Feels mad to say this, but I’ve had my second ever number one single in America, one at the start at the year, one at the end.
“What a year it’s been.
“Thanks to Beyoncé for giving this new version a revamp, and thanks to everyone who’s supporting it. You guys rule x”
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old hit-maker, who grew up in Framlingham, added a second post on the news that Shape of You, an earlier single from his multi-platinum selling third album Divide, was named song of the year.
“Also, Shape of You has been named the #1 billboard song of the year, good news keeps on rollin,” he added.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
“Just finished a day of promo and am about to tuck into a huge burger. Nom x”
MORE: Ed Sheeran ‘very careful to remain a Suffolk boy’ - and ‘loves’ Jeremy CorbynThe singer told BBC Radio 1’s Chart Show last week that he hoped Perfect could make it as UK Christmas number one single.
He said he had a “trick up his sleeve” to boost its chances.
Asked if he wanted to stay there for Christmas, the 26-year-old replied: “I’d be lying if I said no.
“I do have one more trick up my sleeve. It’s not like a Beyonce trick, but it’s quite a cool trick.”
Ed has also made a third version of the song with Andrea Bocelli.
On his Facebook page, Ed posted: “Orchestral version of Perfect with the amazing Andrea Bocelli comes out Friday.
“Hope you love it as much as I do. I sing in Italian too which is fun x.”
The singer recently performed in front of thousands of fans for the annual Jingle Ball holiday concert in Los Angeles, where he joined Taylor Swift. The two performed ‘End Game’ for the first time live. He was back in the UK for day two of Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Coca-Cola at London’s O2 Arena on Sunday.
He is performing live on Radio 1’s Live Lounge today.