Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has hinted at when his latest tour dates will be revealed — as well as announcing which Suffolk beer is his favourite tipple.
While on a car journey in New York, the Suffolk superstar answered questions from fans about a range of subjects from Lego to laser eye surgery via social media.
One fan asked when Ed's next UK tour would be.
In response he said: "There will be tour stuff announced in two days, so watch out on Friday."
The latest tour will follow the release of his fourth album, which is scheduled to come out at the end of October.
The album, called =, features 14 tracks including number one single Bad Habits.
Another fan asked what his favourite beer was. Ed plumped for Earl Soham Brewery's Victoria Bitter.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
He said the beer was "great" and pointed those who wanted to try it to The Station pub in Framlingham.
The singer went on to explain he was no longer wearing glasses as he has recently had laser eye surgery, and that his favourite Pokemon was Squirtle.
It comes as he became the first British solo artist to claim a full year at number one in the Official Singles Chart across his catalogue of hits.
The singer-songwriter has spent 52 weeks at the top of the charts across his 10 number one singles.
He is currently sitting in pole position with his hit Bad Habits, which has spent 11 weeks at the summit.
It is one of the musician’s biggest ever chart-toppers, beaten only by Shape Of You, which spent 14 weeks at number one in 2017.
I Don’t Care, his collaboration with Justin Bieber, spent eight weeks at number one in 2019, while Perfect topped the charts for six weeks in 2017 and Take Me Back To London, with Stormzy, was a best-seller for five weeks in 2019.
In 69 years of Official UK Chart history, only Elvis Presley and The Beatles have spent more cumulative weeks in the top slot.
Presley’s catalogue of hits gave him 80 weeks at number one, while The Beatles spent 69 weeks there in total.