Van Gogh-style Ed Sheeran portrait to be auctioned for charity
- Credit: Allan Williams
A Vincent van Gogh-style portrait of Ed Sheeran is one of 100 art pieces to be auctioned in aid of a charity which supports Suffolk families.
Allan Williams has donated his original portrait of music superstar Sheeran, who grew up in Framlingham, to the cause.
Three books signed by Sudbury-born artist Maggi Hambling have also been donated to Home-Start's auction.
The money raised from the auction will help Home-Start support families facing challenges such as bereavement, long-term illness, domestic abuse and poor mental health.
The auction is being held online and will start on Bank Holiday Monday.
Ali Watson, fundraising and marketing manager at Home-Start in Suffolk, said: "This year’s auction exhibition is set to be even bigger and better than last year.
You may also want to watch:
"We were so delighted with the success in 2020, and as a result of that success we have been contacted by several local artists asking if we are planning to host the event again this year."
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight