Three Bs for Colchester pupil who couldn't look at screens
- Credit: Sophie Bourne/ The Sixth Form College, Colchester
An Essex student who couldn't attend lessons after suffering a severe concussion has secured her place at university.
Sophia Bourne, a pupil at The Sixth Form College, Colchester, suffered a severe concussion on Boxing Day 2020.
For much of the Spring term Sophie was left unable to leave her house or even look at a computer screen.
This meant she was unable to attend lessons in the lead-up to her exams.
Despite these issues and having recently also broken her foot, Sophia was still able to earn three B grades meaning she will be able to study sociology at the University of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The Sixth Form College said Sophia had "battled through much tenacity" to earn her results.
"We are delighted to see that she is much recovered and on her way to study sociology at the University of Essex with three B grades!," it said.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree