Party atmosphere as pupils host end-of-year carnival in village
- Credit: Bardwell CE Primary School
Students and staff at a Suffolk primary school hosted a community carnival as the youngsters were treated to a "great send-off" before the summer break.
Bardwell Primary School, near Bury St Edmunds, welcomed villagers as pupils took part in sessions such as dance, signing and poetry last Friday.
After the performances had finished, the children worked in teams to run their enterprise fair - which doubled up as a fundraiser for the school’s parent-teacher association.
Michelle Boyd, acting deputy headteacher of the school and main organiser of the event, said: "We just had to celebrate our brilliant school and village by bringing some music, laughter and colour to the streets of Bardwell.
"We are delighted by how many people came along to make some noise and are really impressed by all the costumes, which were made by parents and carers.
You may also want to watch:
"At Bardwell school, we pride ourselves in active learning experiences - where our children not only develop academic skills but have opportunities to develop creativity, confidence and collaborative skills.
"This has been an amazing learning experience for our pupils, a great send-off for our Year 6s and a wonderful celebration of our place in the community."
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's