Pupils self-isolate due to positive Covid test at Clacton school
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Clacton Coastal Academy are self-isolating after a case of coronavirus was confirmed at the school.
A group of Year 9 pupils has now shifted to virtual learning at the Essex secondary school.
A spokesperson for Clacton Coastal Academy said the school has written to all parents and carers following a meeting with Public Health England and Essex County Council.
"The meeting was to provide support and to ensure that we had taken all the necessary measures and steps to ensure the safety of students and staff," they said.
“In addition to the measures already in place, Public Health England has requested that all students and staff are tested on Tuesday and Thursday, to ensure that any students or staff who are asymptomatic and not aware that they have the Covid-19 are captured through the testing process.
You may also want to watch:
“As an academy, we want to stress again that the safety of our students, families and staff will always be our number one priority.
"The community should be reassured by the collaborative way in which all [academies] are working together with Public Health England to keep everyone safe.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car