'Farmer Christmas' brings good cheer to youngsters via video
- Credit: Suffolk New College/Suffolk Rural
"Farmer Christmas" shared festive greetings with a Suffolk school by video - despite his annual visit being cancelled because of Covid-19.
Santa usually forsakes his sleigh for a tractor each year and drives from Suffolk Rural (formerly Otley College) to Witnesham Primary School to hand out gifts.
This year, his visit was put on hold - but Farmer Christmas and his elves created a seasonal goodwill message for staff and students at Witnesham and all other schools in the region.
During the video, Farmer Christmas (aka agricultural lecturer, John Attridge) takes a short tour of the farm at Suffolk Rural and explains how life at the college has successfully adapted throughout 2020.
Craig Shimmon, marketing manager at the college, said: “We promised to visit Witnesham and Otley primary schools at the start of the year, so we had to arrange something to spread a bit of festive cheer.”
Michaela Harris, executive headteacher of Otley and Witnesham Federated Primary Schools, said: “We are very thankful to the college.
"The video really helped everyone get in the Christmas spirit. We look forward to working with the college again in 2021.”
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
Primary school pupil George added, “It was a good idea because he couldn't travel, because it wasn't a necessary journey.”