Music producer who worked with all of The Beatles inspires college students
- Credit: Supplied by Daniel Coe/www.DanielJCoe.com
A record producer who befriended John Lennon and has worked with all of The Beatles inspired Suffolk music students via an online masterclass.
Jack Douglas – who has also worked with Aerosmith and Miles Davis – chatted for more than an hour with music students from West Suffolk College.
Talking live from his New York studio, he was joined by composer Daniel Coe. The pair have collaborated on various album and film scoring projects since 2003.
They also recently teamed up with Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney on an updated version of a Lennon song called Grow Old With Me.
During the student session they both talked about the creative process and changes in the music industry and handed out advice.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Douglas told how he went on a mission to travel to Liverpool from New York on a boat. Years later this experience helped him befriend John Lennon. “It was a gut feeling to go on that journey, and that Liverpool experience helped kick off a friendship.”
He also told of his time working as a janitor in a recording studio to get his foot in the door and said: “Stick with it, keep trying and believe in yourself. Make your own projects as much as you can and get them out there.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
This event came about via a link up with a film project that students have been working on with East Anglian company SubMotion Productions. Mr Douglas and Mr Coe composed the score for this film.
Head of music and media at the college Joe Stocking said, “To get advice from someone who has worked with all of The Beatles is truly a ‘money can’t buy’ opportunity.
“We are so grateful to Jack, Daniel, Place 21 and SubMotion Productions. It truly was an incredible afternoon. The experience will stay with our students for some time. Hopefully we will get the chance to take them to Jack’s studio in the USA post Covid."