Students stage a real Beauty of a production
- Credit: Archant
Students have recreated Disney fairy-tale Beauty and the Beast, providing the cast and crew for the theatre production.
Nearly 100 students from Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge have been involved with staging the musical at Seckford Theatre in Burkitt Road, Woodbridge.
Shows are taking place from April 6-8 with performances at 7pm each day and an additional one at 3.45pm on Friday, April 8.
A 50-strong cast is involved, along with a band of 24 school musicians, while props, scenery and some costumes have been supplied by the Deben Players drama group.
Rehearsals involving students and staff have been taking place since November.
All the costumes, scenery and props were all either donated, already in the school’s costume cupboard or sourced from charity shops.
Parent Tiffany Fraser Steele designed the costumes from donated materials and has been making them since before Christmas, helped by school staff member Helene Shaw and a small number of staff, friends and parents.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 5 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 6 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 7 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 8 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 9 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 10 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
The students are running the entire production, including crewing the front of house and backstage.
To book tickets, visit www.ticketsource.co.uk/farlingaye