Merger for Felixstowe schools considered by Department for Education
- Credit: Seckford Education Trust
Plans to merge two Felixstowe schools have been considered by the Department for Education.
Currently, SET Maidstone, an infant school for pupils aged three to seven, and SET Causton, a junior school for ages seven to 11, are two separate schools run by the Seckford Education Trust.
However, the trust is looking to create an all-through primary from next September.
The East of England and north-east London advisory board met on Thursday to consider the merger.
It's not known at this stage what the outcome of the discussions were.
You may also want to watch:
It was revealed earlier this week that parents had given their backing to the plans.
An online survey received almost 100 responses with 53% of responses in favour of the proposed merger going ahead.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
Speaking after the survey, head of both schools, Lucy Thompson said: “It was very important to us that we got feedback from the whole community, as so many different people are involved in the lives of our children."