Tractor Girl Sophie Peskett scores a BTEC hat-trick
- Credit: Ipswich Town Women
Ipswich Town Women's first professional player, Sophie Peskett, has scored a hat-trick - achieving three BTEC distinctions.
The 18-year-old, a student at St Joseph's College, received three D* (starred distinction) grades in sport and exercise science, the equivalent of three A* at A-level in terms of UCAS points.
"I'm really pleased. It was what I was hoping for - I can go to University of Suffolk to study sport science," she said.
Winger Sophie was the first female player ever to sign a deal with the club when she signed a two-year contract in June.
Two of Sophie's team-mates at Ipswich Town Women, Maria Boswell and Maddie Biggs, also achieved three D* grades in sport and exercise science.
All three joined Town from Essex RTC and have been studying full-time at the college on top of all their training.
And, far from going out on the town to celebrate, the three dedicated Tractor Girls were all heading off for a Blues training session after receiving their results.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s