'We are thrilled' South Lee School shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Holly Woodward-Williams
An independent school in Suffolk has been shortlisted for pre-prep school of the year at the TES Independent School Awards.
The South Lee School in Bury St Edmunds has been shortlisted for the national award.
According to TES there were more applicants than ever this year for the pre-prep school category.
South Lee headmistress, Ruth O'Sullivan said: "We are thrilled to have made it to the finals of the TES Independent School of the Year awards, as it is a huge accolade and demonstrates just how brilliantly the South Lee community has risen to the challenges of the last twelve months.
"We worked very hard at getting our remote learning up and running very quickly. The children had live lessons with their teachers for 5 hours a day. We also built in time with their tutors every day, so they could talk to their friends and their teachers about any worries they had.
You may also want to watch:
"Lessons were designed to be creative and fun and we had a large programme of extra activities for all of the family to join in such as the Bake Off Challenge, a Drawing A Day, Story Time, Professional Footballer Challenge."
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks