Apprentice Cameron is a 'rising star'
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A teenager from Suffolk has been named an apprentice ‘rising star’ by his employer, UK Power Networks.
Cameron Carne from Onehouse was nominated for the UK Power Networks’ annual Living our Values Awards as ‘one to look out for’ because of his mature approach to work and interactions with both colleagues and members of the public alike.
The 19-year-old chose an apprenticeship over university and has been working at the firm's Ipswich depot fixing power cuts or working on new electrical connections.
Cameron explained that an apprenticeship was just what he was looking for.
He said: “This is exactly what I wanted to do. I came to the company for work experience and then applied for an apprenticeship. I didn’t want to be stuck in an office.
You may also want to watch:
“All my friends have gone to university but an apprenticeship is a great way to work and learn,” he added.
Having recently finished his apprenticeship, Cameron said he was delighted to be presented with the award by his employer.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 7 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town