Building work starts at new £1.67m performing arts centre
- Credit: Gosfield School
Building works have started on the new Performing Arts Centre at an independent school near Halstead, Essex.
Work has begun on the new £1.67million building at Gosfield School and will be home to the schools Performing Arts Academy which will offer students and scholars expert opportunities in drama, dance and music.
The centre will include a performance auditorium with dance studio, two teaching and learning classrooms and three music practice rooms.
The school’s performing arts programme caters for beginners through to elite performers.
The school hosted a ground breaking ceremony which took place this week and saw students watch main contractor, APH break the ground and commence clearing the site for building to start.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Performing Arts at the school, Nick Bell was in attendance to see the project get underway and said: “This is immensely exciting for our students. The new Performing Arts Centre will provide first class practice and performance facilities, not only for our performing arts academy scholars but also for every pupil of the school.
“We welcome scholarship applicants for our performing arts disciplines and will be holding scholarship days early in the new school year.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
"However, scholars interested in joining us in September are welcome to apply sooner.
"They’ll not only benefit from expert tuition in the discipline but also the schools excellent academic education."
Phase one of the project, the building itself, will be complete by the end of the year with the fit out phase, due to start early in 2022.