Back of the net! Pupils take part in penalty shootout against teachers
- Credit: Worlingworth CEVC Primary School
Youngsters at a Worlingworth primary school dressed in their favourite teams' kits as they celebrated National Schools' Football Week.
Pupils at Worlingworth CEVC Primary School, in Shop Street, kicked off on Wednesday with a Match of the Day-themed warm up session, led by Year 6 ambassadors.
Children also took part in a range of football themed learning activities throughout the day. which ended with a penalty shootout against their teachers in goal.
The pupils were separated into their houses for the challenge, with Emerald and Sapphire emerging victorious.
Victoria Gascoyne-Cecil, headteacher of the school, said: "This was a wonderful way to bring our community together with a collaborative project.
You may also want to watch:
"The pupils were so excited to take part in a football themed day, and wear their team kit to school.
"We spent some time learning about how footballers can be fantastic force for good, standing up for what they believe in- which are brilliant fantastic role models for our pupils."
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case