Car stolen off driveway of home in Ipswich
A car was stolen off the driveway of a home in Edward Close, in Ipswich, but was later recovered in a road nearby.
The incident took place at 5.45am on Friday, September 21, when two raiders forced entry to the property by smashing a window with a brick.
A set of keys belonging to the victim’s vehicle – a grey BMW - were stolen and were then used to drive the vehicle away from the drive and in the direction of Kingston Road.
A short time later, after encountering a police patrol vehicle, two offenders decamped from the vehicle and fled in the direction of Bramford Lane.
Despite attempts to track the offenders officers were unsuccessful on this occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or who has any information about the crime is asked to contact Suffolk police quoting reference 54220/18
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 8 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash