Efit issued after attempted knifepoint robbery in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A man received a cut to his arm after an attempted knifepoint robbery in Clacton.
The victim, in his 30s, was stopped by a gang of four men while riding across fields leading to alleyway off of Wyndham Crescent at about 10pm on November 14.
He was assaulted by one of the men armed with a knife, leading to the cut, which needed stitching in hospital, and was also punched in the face and back.
The victim fought back, punching the knifeman and causing him to fall to the ground. The other three men ran off towards Valley Road, and the victim rode away.
It is not known where the fourth suspect went.
You may also want to watch:
An efit has been issued of the knife-wielding suspect. He was white, aged in his late teens to early 20s, of slight build, 6ft tall and had blond hair.
He was wearing a dark beanie hat, grey Adidas tracksuit with blue stripes down the arm and matching bottoms.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
The second suspect was also white and 6ft tall, wearing a navy blue Parka coat with fur on the hood and the hood up, while suspect three was also white, about 5ft 8ins tall and aged 18-22. He was wearing jeans and orange coloured trainers.
The fourth suspect was also white and wore a light coloured top.
It is thought the group were trying to steal the victim’s bike.
Detectives want to hear from anyone who was at the Clacton Leisure Centre or on the playing fields about 9.30pm-10pm that evening who may have seen a group of men matching the descriptions above.
Officers also wish to hear from anyone who was in Valley Road, near the rugby club, at about 10pm and saw the three men running away.
Anyone with information, or anyone who recognises the man in the Efit, should contact Detective Constable Dan Macey at Clacton CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.