Eighth charged in connection with burglaries in town
AN eighth person has been charged with conspiracy to burgle houses after a spate of break-ins and attempted burglaries in Lowestoft in the past six months.
Andrew Jones, 25, of Godfreys Court, Lowestoft, was charged with conspiring, with others, to commit house burglaries in the town between November 22 and April 12.
He is due to appear before magistrates in the town today.
Five men from Lowestoft were yesterday charged with the same offence. They were Casey Capps Jenner, 18 of Conrad Road in Lowestoft, Sam Hill, 18 of Beaconsfield Road in Lowestoft, 20-year-old Christopher Hood of Grove Road in Lowestoft, Kyle Dickson, 18 of Beaconsfield Road in Lowestoft and a 17-year-old boy from Lowestoft who cannot be named for legal reasons.
All were remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Crown Court next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Two other Lowestoft men - Damien Wentworth, 18, of Bridge Road, Oulton Broad and Daniel Needham, 18, of no fixed address, were also charged on Tuesday.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day