Elderly cyclist missing from Bungay
SUFFOLK police are becoming increasingly concerned about a 73-year-old Bungay man who went missing in south Norfolk yesterday.John Christopher was last seen cycling in the area of “Chicken Roundabout” on the A143 at Ditchingham, Norfolk at about 3pm, and has not returned to his home in Flixton Road in Bungay.
SUFFOLK police are becoming increasingly concerned about a 73-year-old Bungay man who went missing in south Norfolk yesterday.
John Christopher was last seen cycling in the area of “Chicken Roundabout” on the A143 at Ditchingham, Norfolk at about 3pm, and has not returned to his home in Flixton Road in Bungay.
He had intended to cycle to the Thwaite area of Norfolk.
He is very vulnerable and it is out of character for him to go missing in this way. Officers are particularly concerned that he may be out in a rural area unfamiliar to him in poor weather.
Searches of the area by both Suffolk and Norfolk police, around his home and where he was cycling, have so far failed to locate Mr Christopher. Officers are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to get in touch.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
He is white, 6ft tall, slim, with short white hair and he sometimes wears glasses. He was wearing a brown jacket, a camel fleece, grey trousers, light brown shoes, odd coloured socks and cycle clips when last seen.
He was riding a green Raleigh bicycle with a basket on the front.
Anyone who knows of Mr Christopher's whereabouts or who has been in contact with him should contact Bungay police on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.