Elderly man dies at Gorleston Christmas Lights Switch-on
An elderly man has died of an apparent heart attack at the Gorleston Christmas Lights Switch-on, organisers have confirmed.
The incident took place outside a QD store in Gorleston High Street at around 11.30am today (Sunday, November 26).
Kevin Huggins, event organiser, said: “An elderly gentleman sadly passed away earlier today before the main Christmas event started.
“The discreet security team working at the event were absolutely marvellous with the way they dealt with the situation.
“They sprung into action, performing CPR and doing all they could to save him.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance paramedics were full of praise and commended the security team for their efforts when they arrived.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards