Volunteer police save elderly man
- Credit: Archant
Two volunteer Essex Police officers came to an elderly man’s rescue after he passed out.
Special Constables Charlie Thompson and Dan Cope were both heading for lunch when they spotted a man who had collapsed in Chelmsford city centre.
The pair rushed to aid the unconscious and unresponsive man and were able to get the patient into the recovery position.
After administering pain response the man was roused and then reassured by the two constables.
The officers then called an ambulance and waited with the man until paramedics arrived at the scene.
He received further medical attention.
SC Thompson and SC Cope are volunteer officers.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 9 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
They have the same power as paid policemen but perform their duties around their civilian jobs.