Elderly pedestrian injured in crash
By James HoreAN elderly man was seriously ill in hospital last night after he was injured while crossing the road.The 80-year-old was in Halstead town centre when he was involved in a collision with a black Ford Fusion car driven by an 81-year-old man.
By James Hore
AN elderly man was seriously ill in hospital last night after he was injured while crossing the road.
The 80-year-old was in Halstead town centre when he was involved in a collision with a black Ford Fusion car driven by an 81-year-old man.
The accident happened at about 12.15pm yesterday off Bridge Street as the car was being driven towards Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
The elderly pedestrian suffered serious head injuries and remained unconscious as he was treated by an ambulance crew.
Both the driver of the car and his wife, who was a front-seat passenger, were shaken, but uninjured.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The Essex air ambulance was called and the injured man was flown to Colchester General Hospital, where he was said to be in a critical condition last night.
Air crew paramedic, Laurie Phillipson, said: “The man suffered a nasty head injury and was unconscious throughout.
“We flew him to hospital, where his condition deteriorated, but medical staff managed to stabilise him. He will now undergo tests to see just how serious the injury is.”
The road was closed for about two hours as Essex Police launched an investigation into the collision.
Anyone with information should contact Bocking traffic police on 01376 5513312.