Elderly woman punched by robber
A 84-year-old woman was punched in the face and had her wrist broken after refusing to hand over cash to a robber in Clacton.The pensioner was walking along Wellesley Road at about 9pm on Thursday when a young man pulled along side on a dark-coloured mountain bike and spoke to her.
A 84-year-old woman was punched in the face and had her wrist broken after refusing to hand over cash to a robber in Clacton.
The pensioner was walking along Wellesley Road at about 9pm on Thursday when a young man pulled along side on a dark-coloured mountain bike and spoke to her.
She continued walking but the man, thought to be aged in his late teens or early 20s, blocked her path with his bicycle.
When she refused to hand over her wallet he claimed he had a knife and repeated his demands. After she again refused he punched her in the face, cutting and bruising her lip and knocking her to the ground.
The man was described as white, about 5ft 3ins tall, of slim build with short black hair and dark clothing.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
Anyone who saw the attack or who has information about it is asked to contact Clacton Police on 01255 221312.