Elderly woman treated after bungalow blaze
A 90-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a bungalow in Clacton.
Firefighters were called to a property in Greenview Park at 6.12am today.
A spokesperson for the Essex Fire Service said: “Firefighters gave oxygen therapy to a 90 year-old woman who had suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her bungalow early this morning.
“The officer in charge reported that the bungalow was heavily smoke logged and that there was a small fire.
“Wearing two sets of breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet crews had extinguished the blaze by 6.33am. “They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the bungalow.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman was left in the care of the ambulance service.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day