Mungo Jerry to headline charity music festival on Essex coast
- Credit: Carole Garrett
More than 3,000 music fans are expected to attend a charity festival on the Essex coast this weekend – headlined by hit ‘70s rock group Mungo Jerry.
The third Eldofest takes place in Jaywick, near Clacton, from 12.30pm on Sunday, featuring 14 bands across three stages.
This year’s headliners, Mungo Jerry, enjoyed a strong of hit singles in the ‘70s, most famously, In the Summertime.
Organisers say the festival has grown on each of its outings and expect this year’s event to attract around 3,500 visitors.
Broadway will be closed off for the event to make way for the expected crowds.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to attend, however volunteers will be taking collections for three charities – Dream 100 Kids Trust, The Robin Cancer Trust and Little Havens Children’s Hospice.
An event spokesman has paid tribute to the “multitude of volunteers” who make the event possible each year.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window