Property of the week: Elegant village home with pool could be yours for just over £1.12m
- Credit: BEDFORDS
An elegant home with its own swimming pool and garden studio, in a sought-after Suffolk village, could be yours for £1,125,000.
The house, in Cockfield near Bury St Edmunds, is set back in mature gardens, on a plot of around an acre, opposite the historic village's Great Green. It is on the market with Bedfords.
Cockfield House has around 3,000 sq ft of accommodation, and has been designed to combine period elegance with more modern methods of construction. Its features include high ceilings and handmade timber windows with shutters.
Outside, there is a swimming pool set in a fully-tiled area, with lights installed all around. There is a circular driveway from the green, which loops round to the pond at the front, with water lilies, where ducklings are often seen in spring.
Much of the garden is laid to lawn, with field views to the side, and the grounds include a number of mature apple trees.
There is also a detached garden office which is suitable to be used as a studio or workspace, with a wood-burning stove, electricity and broadband. The double garage is reached by a covered walkway.
Downstairs, the property has a large reception hall with a herringbone wood floor and a Georgian-style staircase to the first floor, with a gallery over it and a cloakroom. The triple-aspect drawing room also has a herringbone wood floor and a wall-mounted wood burning stove, with double doors leading to the terrace and pool.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
The fitted kitchen-dining room includes an electric Aga and contemporary units with granite worktops, and there is also a separate utility and laundry room.
First-floor accommodation includes a galleried landing with an arched window which overlooks the pool. The master bedroom has a large en-suite bathroom with underfloor heating, and there are three further double bedrooms, with one having a Jack-and-Jill door into the family shower room.
For further details about the house, contact Bedfords in Bury St Edmunds on 01284 769999.