Intoxicated man brandishing hammer at members of the public arrested
- Credit: Archant
An intoxicated man who brandished a hammer at members of the public has been arrested.
Officers from Suffolk police responded to the incident, which took place earlier today in Elmswell.
St Edmundsbury police confirmed in a tweet that the man, who appeared to be intoxicated, had brandished the hammer at members of the public before being arrested.
Officers added that the incident was isolated and that the male is now in custody.
The tweet read: “Bury officers have attended an incident where an intoxicated male has been arrested in Elmswell today for brandishing a hammer at members of the public.
“This is an isolated incident and the male is in custody. Any information please quote 37/25543/20.”
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m