Intoxicated man brandishing hammer at members of the public arrested
- Credit: Archant
An intoxicated man who brandished a hammer at members of the public has been arrested.
Officers from Suffolk police responded to the incident, which took place earlier today in Elmswell.
St Edmundsbury police confirmed in a tweet that the man, who appeared to be intoxicated, had brandished the hammer at members of the public before being arrested.
Officers added that the incident was isolated and that the male is now in custody.
The tweet read: “Bury officers have attended an incident where an intoxicated male has been arrested in Elmswell today for brandishing a hammer at members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an isolated incident and the male is in custody. Any information please quote 37/25543/20.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields