Elmswell man jailed after lewd acts in front of schoolgirls in Gislingham
A Suffolk man who touched himself indecently in front of schoolgirls near a village playing field has been jailed for 15 months.
Dominic Smith, 26, of Farm Meadow, School Road, Elmswell, had denied two offences of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under 13 on May 17 and May 19 last year but was found guilty after a trial in September.
Sentence was adjourned until today when he was jailed for 15 months.
He was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for 10 years and made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for the same period.
The offences took place in Gislingham where Smith was living at the time with his girlfriend.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that in 2013 Smith was convicted by magistrates of putting his hand down his trousers and touching himself in front of a schoolgirl in Elmswell and offering to meet her later to show her his penis.
He had denied the charge.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight