Embers from incinerator sparks shed fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a garden fire in Dedham after embers in an incinerator set a shed alight.
Two fire crews from Colchester attended the incident in Monks Lane, Dedham, around 2.25pm today.
On arrival, firefighters reported that a garden shed was on fire and managed to extinguish the blaze by 2.47pm.
Andrew Deex, crew manager from Colchester Fire Station, said: “If you are going to have a bonfire or a fire in an incinerator, make sure it’s properly extinguished before you leave it. In this dry weather, embers can quickly catch grass and plants alight and spread.”
Essex Fire and Rescue Service issued the following safety advice for anyone planning to have a bonfire:
You may also want to watch:
• Site the bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs
• Never leave the bonfire burning unattended
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
• Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side
• Never use flammable liquids - paraffin or petrol - to light the fire
• Don’t burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles
• Keep everyone away from the fire - especially children, who must be supervised at all times
• Pour water on the embers before leaving