Long traffic queues in Newmarket as emergency gas works gets underway
- Credit: Archant
Traffic was held up in long queues today and motorists became frustrated after workmen were called in to deal with emergency gas work in Newmarket.
Vehicles travelling to and from the Tesco store were being delayed by several minutes close to the work taking place in Fordham Road.
Suffolk police were called in to deal with the problem as heavy traffic built up in the area.
A police spokesman said the work was likely to run into next week as the hole in the road needs to be made bigger to tackle the problem.
“Because it’s the weekend there’s a lot of people out ther and there’s a lot of traffic about,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Were you held up in the queues today? If so contact the newsroom on 01284 727412 or email email@example.com
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
- 10 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?