Woman dies following crash on A143 at Wattisfield
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has died following a two-vehicle crash in Wattisfield this afternoon.
Emergency services were called just before 3.55pm today to reports of a crash involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143.
The female passenger of the Hyundai – a woman aged in her 80s – died at the scene. The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
A 38–year-old woman from the Bury St Edmunds area has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs. She has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road while a collision investigation took place, but reopened at 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference CAD 258 of December 9.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs