Woman dies following crash on A143 at Wattisfield
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has died following a two-vehicle crash in Wattisfield this afternoon.
Emergency services were called just before 3.55pm today to reports of a crash involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143.
The female passenger of the Hyundai – a woman aged in her 80s – died at the scene. The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
A 38–year-old woman from the Bury St Edmunds area has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs. She has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road while a collision investigation took place, but reopened at 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference CAD 258 of December 9.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman