Emergency services called to two vehicle crash involving mother and child near A146, Beccles
- Credit: Tom Potter
People were trapped in a car following a collision between two vehicles in Beccles.
Police were called to George Westwood Way at 11.10am after the crash which involved a Nissan Note and a Ford Galaxy.
A force spokesman said the road was closed for a time with fire and ambulance crews both called.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “One vehicle was an elderly couple, the other vehicle was a mother and child, four patients all together.
“Police and fire also attended. The child is a male who has been treated for seatbelt-related injuries and was taken to St James Paget Hospital for further treatment, the three remaining patients suffered minor injuries and were discharged at the scene”.
You may also want to watch:
The road, near the A146, reopened at 12.35pm.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience