EMG Motor Group expands with opening of new Ipswich Mitsubishi dealership
- Credit: Andy Russell
The Mitsubishi brand is back in Ipswich after more than a decade’s absence with the opening of EMG Motor Group’s new dealership in West End Road.
The Mitsubishi brand is back in Ipswich with EMG Motor Group opening its second site in the town.
The group, which has ten dealerships spread across Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, this week opened its new Mitsubishi franchise in West End Road in the former Marshall Jaguar premises next to its used car centre which opened in the town three years ago.
It is EMG’s second Mitsubishi franchise, joining one at Duxford, near Cambridge, and will be holding an official launch weekend and ride-and-drive event on September 8 and 9 when visitors can enjoy special offers on various models.
The Mitsubishi showroom has been refurbished and the dealership has the latest Mitsubishi models as well as nearly-new Mitsubishi cars. The new aftersales department is equipped with cutting-edge equipment to cater for all repair and servicing requirements.
You may also want to watch:
The new team comprises dealer principal Richard Buffrey, sales controller Jacob Warner, aftersales manager Anthony Carroll, two sales executives and service department and parts staff. With the business now open, the staffing level will continue to grow.
The Mitsubishi name may be returning to Ipswich but two members of the team are well acquainted with the brand by having a combined 25 years of experience.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
EMG sales director Kevin Driscoll said: “Mitsubishi has not been in Ipswich for 13 years and we see that was a gap in the market for an up-and-coming brand which we think will appeal to the local market.
“What we are trying to do is appeal to the broad market from the cheaper used cars to the higher end used and now also brand new models.”
Mr Buffrey said Mitsubishi’s model and brand strengths would appeal to business users, with commercial vehicles and the low-emission, high economy Outlander PHEV which was the world’s leading 4x4 plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and the UK’s best-selling PHEV, as well as retail customers.
“It is bringing to the Ipswich market something it has not had,” he added.
And with Mitsubishi now a full partner in an alliance with Nissan and Renault, there are exciting times ahead for the brand which is looking to double annual UK sales to 50,000.
The dealership is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, and Sunday, 10am to 4pm.