Engineering works on lines
ENGINEERING work on railway lines means Anglia Railways' mainline and local services will be disrupted for the next two weekends.It means mainline trains between Ipswich and Norwich will be replaced by buses all day and services between Ipswich and Cambridge and Peterborough will be replaced by buses between Ipswich and Stowmarket.
ENGINEERING work on railway lines means Anglia Railways' mainline and local services will be disrupted for the next two weekends.
It means mainline trains between Ipswich and Norwich will be replaced by buses all day and services between Ipswich and Cambridge and Peterborough will be replaced by buses between Ipswich and Stowmarket.
This weekend, mainline services will be reduced to one per hour with buses replacing trains between Ipswich and Norwich.
From Norwich, buses will depart on the hour and half-past the hour. The half-past buses will go direct to Ipswich, while those on the hour will make additional stops at Diss and Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Train services from London will depart on the hour and at 7.30pm, 8.30pm, 9.30pm, 10.30pm and 11.30pm, with customers transferring to buses at Ipswich, which will either go direct to Norwich or stop at Diss and Stowmarket.
Next weekend, there will be a similar arrangement with services from London departing on the hour until 8pm and then at 8.30pm, 9.30pm, 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
On both days of both weekends, buses will replace trains all day between Ipswich and Stowmarket on the local line, leaving Ipswich 15 minutes earlier than stated in the normal timetable.
Trains will depart from Cambridge or Peterborough at the times stated in the normal timetable, connecting with buses at Stowmarket for onward travel to Ipswich. Journey times will take longer as a result. All services to Harwich will run as normal.
A spokesman for Anglia Railways apologised for any inconvenience causes and advised customers to contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 for information or visit the Anglia Railways' website at www.angliarailways.co.uk.